Monday, September 29, 2008

Sigh of relief...

So here I am at 7:19am, totally distracted from studying for my Ethnic Studies midterm (which, btw, I am completely unprepared for) because I have decided to create a race blog. I guess this stemmed from the many times throughout my experience in Berkeley -- and maybe just living-- in which I've felt there is something seriously wrong/racist about certain situations. And yet, no one seems to point them out, including myself. And as I go home, ponder and relive the seemingly offensive event in my head, I just get more and more frustrated because who am I supposed to complain or tell these things to?

Alas, I've decided a blog. I've been inspired by Kristine, who is an avid sex-blogger -- if one can blog about their everyday experience with sex, I'm going to blog about my everyday experience with race. Of course, I am an Asian American female, and this blog is going to be biased in that sense-- but hey, anyone who speaks about race has their own bias and that isn't a reason to not speak about it. Maybe if we all spoke up a little, we'd all realize that race isn't the problem, society making such a big deal about race is the problem.

I'm not trying to preach or convince others to stop doing what they're doing. Who am I to do so? I'm just attempting to make sense of what I see and hopefully get others to also see what I see.

1 comment:

Nathaniel Perales said...

Denise, I'm glad you're on Blogger. It makes it much easier for me to comment on your blog posts. I can't wait to read about your experiences.